Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Multiple entries in a list to refer to a single footnote?

No formatting required, if you choose to insert the reference to "Footnote
number (formatted)" in the Cross-reference dialog box.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Insert a cross reference to the original footnote. You will then probably
have to format the reference as superscript.

Meehan Mydog wrote:
Hi,

I'm running Word 2007, and I want to show that several items I have
in a list within a table refer to _one single_ (global) footnote, but
I cannot seem to work out a way to do it; Word, quite logically,
wants to create a new footnote, with a different symbol, for each
referenced item.
I just want to have an asterisk by several items in my list, to
indicate that each of these items refers to the single footnote.

Is this possible at all?

Thanks in advance,
Robin
Cheshire, UK