Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jonblauch jonblauch is offline

Default Rich Text Content Control - how to lock down editing

I am using a Rich Text Content control in a word document. I go into the
properties of the content control and I am able to €ślock it down€ť so it
cannot be deleted or edited. When I send it to someone else, they also
cannot delete it or edit it. So far so good. However, the person who I send
it to can just go into the properties of the content control and disable the
€ślock-down€ť and then edit away. Seems odd €“ not much real protection.

Also, I do not want to protect the whole doc €“ I actually want them to be
able to modify most of the document €“ just certain sections need to remain
intact ( i.e., legal language). Also, I do not want to use infopath.

Any thoughts?