Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Delete section breaks at end of word document

Go the section which has the desired page layout. Choose File | Page
Setup. Make sure that the "Apply to" box is set to "This section."
Click OK. Then go to the section that you need to change, and press
F4; this repeats the settings of the previous section. Do the same for
the Format | Borders and Shading dialog box. When all the settings are
equal, you can safely delete the section break.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"ziggy12345" wrote in message

I have been looking for a solution to this but cant find one. Where

is
the section formating contained for the first section? Cant we copy

it
and past it into the 2nd section? I tried selcting the formating in
normal view but when I past it i get a third section and i still

cant
delete that!!

It seems the only way is to manually reformat the last section the

same
as the fist and then delete the 1st.

Any ideas?

Chris O. wrote:
*I have a word document with one section break in it. After the
section break,
the headers/footers/borders/margins are quite different to the

front
part of
the document.

I now want to delete the section break and have the whole document
appear
like the first part of the section.

When I now try and delete this section break the whole document
reverts to
the settings of the second half of the document and wipes out the
first
half's setting.

Does anyone know how I can delete the section break and not loose
the
document settings of the first half of the document? *

--
ziggy12345

----