Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dr. Geoff Smith Dr. Geoff Smith is offline

Default Creating stationery with header/footer on first page but blaank pages thereafter....Word 2007

Thanks Bob:

Unfortunately that information applies, mainly, to Word versions
earlier than 2007. I have looked at the information, but it does not
help.

I know this is a very simple task for an MVP...but it's a nightmare
for this newbie.

Geoff Smith

On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 21:30:34 -0400, CyberTaz
wrote:

See the information here - especially the topic "Letterhead for a multi-page
letter":

http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 8/9/08 7:57 PM, in article ,
"Dr. Geoff Smith" wrote:

Is there a way to create stationery so that the first page, and only
the first page, has a header and footer on it. All subsequent pages
should be blank.

I can create the first page with the header and footer, but when I am
typing a letter on it (opened as a new document) as soon as I get to a
point just above the footer, a new page opens with the header and
footer on it. The header and footer from the first page have
disappeared. It makes no difference if I check the "Different first
page" box, either.

This is Word 2007.

Thanks for any constructive help.