Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Chad Harris[_5_] Chad Harris[_5_] is offline

Default I need a download for word..

"sweetralphnyc" wrote in message
news
I tried that and I couldn't get it to load on easy transfer?
is there some other way to make this happen?

Hi--

Why do you need to put Office on the netbook with Easy Transfer? Easy
Transfer is aimed at transferring
things like:

–*User accounts

–*Files and folders

–*E-mail messages, settings, and contacts

–*Photos, music, and videos

–*Windows settings

–*Program data files and settings

–*Internet settings

But why can't you just put your Office (DVD? if it's 2007) into a DVD drive
and copy the files to the thumb drive and set it up from the thumb the way
Suzanne sugested? Why does ET have to be in the equation at all to install
Office on your netbook?

I've not put Office on a thumb drive, although I'm tempted to try it, but I
have installed a number of Win 7's on laptops with broken optical drive
using a couple steps I don't think you even need with Office.

As I understand it, you don't yet have the netbook, but that's what I'd try
when you get it.

Best of luck,

CH