Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Inge Sqz Inge Sqz is offline

Default Word 2007 - Header / Footer. Different first page won't functi

Thank you. Adding a page break seemed to solve the case.

Inge

"Summer" wrote:

Did you put in a page break and put the footer on page 2 - then return to
page 1 footer and remove the footer.
Then SAVE
Then delete the PAGE BREAK
Then SAVE and CLOSE (no need to close that I know of).

Now Different First Page Footer is BLANK (which is what you seem to
indicate) and if and when you create a page 2 either automatically or with a
page break you will have a footer on page 2 and following pages.

Hope this helps.

www.docsliveonline.com
"Inge Sqz" wrote in message
Hello

I keep activating the Different first page option in Header/Footer edit
menu, and after that press Save and Close. This works just fine until next
time i try to print my document. Word updates all my references and this
options disappear. Now header footer is back on first page.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Is there any Office update available for this?