Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Gordon Gordon is offline

Default Problems pasting text into a table

"Gordon" wrote in message
Word 2007. I have a single page A4 portrait document constructed as
follows: at the top, text that goes from one side of the page to the
other. I then have a section break, with a table consisting of three
columns and one row.
What I need to be able to do is to type or paste text and/or small
graphics etc into each column, BUT I do NOT want the text to either wrap
into the next column, OR, create an extension to the column on the next
page. In other words, I want what is put into each column to use the
available space, and not to create new space - a fixed column size. The
document can ONLY be one page long. I have tried all the options I can see
in Table Properties, but can't seem to fix this. is it possible even?

I think I may have fixed it - I created a new document and set the height of
the row in the table to be an exact measurement in Table Properties....we
shall see.... :-)