Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Merge is changing filter fields - without my asking it to

Some versions of Word have always done this kind of thing with some data
sources.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/286880/en-us

describes one such problem but I do not know if the workaround suggested in
there really helps.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Cal" wrote in message
Has anyone run into problems with Microsoft Word 2003 where as you are
setting the filter fields for a mail merge, it is adding filter fields
with
an "or"(and) header? It seems to be associated with a comparison field of
"Not equal to," though it will add filter fields if you have a bunch of
"And"
settings followed by an "Or" setting. I've used these successfully in the
past (without filter fields being added) and am not sure if a recent
update/download jacked things up. I've cleared the filter fields
completely,
started from scratch, and even tried to save the document with the correct
filter fields, but for whatever reason, those "ghost" filter fields get
added
and by doing so, mess up my merge results. If anyone has any suggestions,
please let me know!