View Single Post
  #1   Report Post  

Default 2 Most Aggravating Things About WORD - help!

Two most irritating things about Microsoft Word:
1) Using justify where the last sentence of the paragraph always looks awful; like when the last sentence has two words and are split left and right with white space in between.
I know you can put a paragraph mark but that doesn't work for me since in legal pleadings you don't want a space between paragraphs, you merely indent the first word to define new paragraphs. I tried the control-hyphen for a hidden spacer and this didn't work, it did not hide most of the time but if it did, in Print View the words meld together as one, for example "work-today" looks like "worktoday" and I want it to look like "work today"
2) Using centering. I center my titles and no matter what, the type above and below center as well. Again, I cannot use a paragraph hard return because I don't want spaces between lines, I indent the first word of each new paragraph which is used in legal pleading. Even if I do have spaces above and below, when I center a title sometimes lines above and below center, too.
UGH! These eat up my time so much!! I do not know Styles and perhaps that would help me but I confess I am looking for a 'trick'.
If styles would help, can you tell me how specifically, please! Thanks!