Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How can I format my footnotes so that they are double-spaced?

Except that you will not find the Footnote Text style in the Styles &
Formatting task pane in Word 2002 or 2003, even if you have selected the
misnamed "All styles." You have to actually access the Style dialog to get
to it; see http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...ifyAStyle.html for
more.

In Word 2007, if you choose "All styles," at least you do actually get *all*
styles.

"grammatim" wrote in message
Do you understand how Word deals with Styles in the first place? (I
don't know anything about WP; maybe there's no equivalent there.)

When your cursor is in a paragraph, and you go to the Styles &
Formatting pane (however that's accessed in 2007), right-click on the
style name and go to Modify Paragraph and change the line spacing
there.

On May 10, 4:55 pm, David wrote:
Thanks, Jezebel for the reply. However, it does not help me because it
does
not tell me how to define footnote text style in the first place. How is
this done? I am using Word 2007, and I can find no way of defining
footnote
text style. If I could find that out, then I would be able to single-space
or double-space as the case may be. In fact, what I am trying to do is to
single-space the footnotes in a document that I had converted from Word
Perfect. When it converted, the single-spacing in the footnotes was
changed
to double-spacing, and I want to change it back to single spacing.

When I click the reference tab in Word 2007, and then click to get the
footnote and endnote dialog box, there is nothing in that box that enables
me
to define the footnote text style (although it allows me to performs some
other tasks, e.g. change footnotes to endnotes).

If you can explain how to define footnote text, I would be grateful.

"David" wrote:
How do you define 'footnote text' style?

"Jezebel" wrote:

Define your 'Footnote text' style to include double-spacing.

"KF" wrote in message
How can I format my footnotes so that they are double-spaced
throughout
the
entire document? Right now, I have to do it page-by-page, and I
figure
there
must be an easier way.-