Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Repeating Title Line from First Page in Header of Following Pages

What you might want to do is insert MacroButton NoMacro fields (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...acroButton.htm) for titles and
headings. If the appropriate style (paragraph or character) is applied to
the MacroButton field, it will still be applied to whatever text is typed
into it, so the StyleRef fields will work perfectly. I use this technique in
some of my templates.

"John Spencer" wrote in message
Dang, I left out on important detail. This memo is being set up as a
template. I will try your suggestion and see if this works. Thanks for
the advice.

--
John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2008

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
John Spencer wrote:
What I would like to do is have a title line in a memorandum on page
1 and have that Title line apperar in the header of all the
subsequent pages.
Something like

Stocks are Available

Then in the header of the following pages I would see
Stocks are Up Page 2

Apply a style to that title that you don't use elsewhere. In the header,
insert a StyleRef field that refers to the title's style. Follow that
with two tabs, the word "Page", and a Page field.

Then, in File Page Setup Layout, check the box for "Different first
page". There will be no header on page 1, and the title and page number
will appear at the left and right margins, respectively, of all following
pages.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman