Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
sonia2080

Default using conditional merge, how do I not merge blank records...

Hi all,

I am creating a word mail merge from an excel data source. Using an IF
field I want to check whether column K (winner_700) contains data and if so,
to enter data from a different column (Entrants_Forename). If it has no data
in column K, then I want the record to be ignored so it does not produce a
merged document.

So far I have constructed the following IF statement.

{IF { MERGEFIELD winner_700 } "" "{ MERGEFIELD Entrants_Forename }" "" }

Is there any code I can enter to omit all records that contain no data in
the column so a merged letter is not produced? I'm on Microsoft Office 2003.
Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Mindy