Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JW JW is offline

Default .docx files and websites??

I was asked to upload an MS Word2007 docx file to a website, linking to it
from a webpage. The MS Word file was preferred over converting to a pdf, so
that viewers could open, save and edit the file. Attempts to open the file
on the server, however, ended up opening a zip folder, instead of the
document. I do not experience similar problems when the document is on my
computer. I was able to "save as" an older Word .doc version, then upload
that version, and that worked fine. Is this typical behavior of a .docx
file? BTW, I'm working on a computer that does not have Office2007, but has
the converter utility for .docx files from MS support website. Thanks for
your feedback.
JW