Posted to microsoft.public.word.application.errors,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ant[_3_] Ant[_3_] is offline

Default Word 2002/XP sometimes freezes when opening in "My Documents"

I cannot seem to reproduce this with file's open and save as so far. I
will keep trying later on. Remember, the hang/freeze issue is random.

On 7/12/2009 1:31 AM PT, Terry Farrell typed:

If it is just the File | Open dialog box hanging (presumably, File |
SaveAs is the same), it is usually due to a bad mapped drive or other
problem object in the Windows Explorer setup.

--
"... Here's intelligent things, and it seems they want us for food.
First, they'll smash us up -- ships, machines, guns, cities, all the
\ _ / Nuke ANT from e-mail address: NT
( ) or