Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default How do I use field codes to format a number into currency?

Change
{MERGEFIELD "Sale" \"$,0.00; ($,0.00)"}
{MERGEFIELD "Sale" \# "$,0.00; ($,0.00)"}

Susan May wrote:
Doug - I just tried to do this and it didn't work. My field codes
look like this

{MERGEFIELD "Sale" \"$,0.00; ($,0.00)"} and it doesn't change the
format of the number that I'm importing from Excel. What am I doing
wrong?

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Press Alt+F9 to reveal the field codes and insert

\# "$,0.00;($,0.00)"

before the closing }

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Andrea" wrote in message
I would like to format my numbers in a mail merge to be shown as
Currency so
with $ and 2 decimals. I know I can do this with a field code but
can't get
it to work.