Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
*muffin* *muffin* is offline

Default tables what am I doing wrong with the text??

Ok, must have been my newsreader that had al those characters..... strange.
I went to the google site to look up this thread & read what you put.
interesting about the ........(spaces)
I started deleting those.. I see a BUNCH of the end of paragraph mark.
what exactly are those ( I tired figuring it out through HELP..... but not
much help...hmm) & how do I get rid of them?
I'll play around with this to see if I can get a better document.

question though it seems like theup.down/right/left arrow keys work a heck
of a lot better than hitting TAB to go from table to table, is this supposed
to be so? or should I still work on fixing all the little things?

also, I still get the disappearing curser in some of the table fields when I
go to them (by arrow key or tab) what is this??

thanks a bunch!

"Lene Fredborg" wrote in message
Some tips that may help you:

The ?oblack boxes? that appear when you tab:
Try to turn on formatting marks (click the ¶ icon in the Standard

toolbar)
so that you can see spaces and other non-printing character (spaces are

shown
as small dots). From you explanation, my guess is that the ?oblack

boxes?
appear where you have typed a lot of spaces.

In general, you should never use a series of spaces to indent text. You
should instead use the ?oIndentation? settings in Format Paragraph

Indents
and Spacing tab.