Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Top posting in MS Newsgroups

My settings are identical to yours. Note below that there are the same
number of in grammatim's reply to my post and my reply to him.

http://word.mvps.org

"Beth Melton" wrote in message
It quotes correctly for me if I reply to grammatim. I'm using Windows Live
Mail but it shouldn't be different from Outlook Express. What do you have
set for your News Sending Options under Tools/Options/Send? I have: Plain
Text and for Plain Text Settings: MIME, Encode using "None", wrap at 76,
and the Indent Original text with "" option selected.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton
What is a Microsoft MVP? http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs

Guides for the Office 2007 Interface:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tr...295841033.aspx

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
No, I use Outlook Express, and all other replies are quoted correctly;
yours (and perhaps others from Google Groups) are the exception.

"grammatim" wrote in message
That must be something going on at your end, because I get the 's
(the correct number of them) whenever I do Reply. Have you tried
google groups?

On Feb 18, 12:33 pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
Worse still, when I reply to one of your messages, the quoted text isn't
indicated by , so it's not practical to reply "inline."