Doug Robbins

If that is the way that you want the pages numbered, use a catalog (or in
Word XP and later it's called directory) type mailmerge main document and
format the first paragraph in the main document so that it has a page break
before it so that the document created for each record starts on a new page.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Francisco" wrote in message
Whenever I perform merge to new document the resulting document shows page
1
for the number of every page. When I check the footer and select format
page
number every footer of every page says start at: 1. However on the mail
merge
template I have continue from previous section selected. Why does it
change
to start at: 1 when I merge? How do I get the merged document to display
the
correct number of the page?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.