Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Continuous numbering of footnotes across sections

What you can do is use continuous footnotes throughout the document or
restart the notes on each page.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
Recent versions of Word claim to support setting different footnote
options for different sections (the "Apply to" option in the Footnote and
Endnote dialog box), but unfortunately this doesn't work in practice. If
you choose "Continuous" numbering in one section, Word counts all of the
preceding footnotes; that is, numbering does NOT continue from the
preceding section. :-(

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"gary" wrote in message
I have a book with chapters

In chapters I want the footnotes begin from one each chapter

In some chapters I change from portait to landscape using section breaks

How do I get the footnotes to be continuous in the chapter across three
or
four sections?

TIA/gary