Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod macropod is offline

Default Edit Table data

Hi Don,

Is there a section break between the two pages? If so, it is possible that the first section is protected for forms - check under
Tools|Options|Protection. Alternatively, could it be that the table on the 1st page is in the document header or footer? To test
this, double click on the page header area and see if the table becomes accessible.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Don Bouchard" wrote in message ...
It is weird, so I returned to my document and discovered that it is only on the first page of the document with 2 collumns of
tables that the cursor will not appear in a cell that is clicked, and where I cannot edit the cell contents. The table operates
normally on the subseuent pages (2-5). What could be affectig page 1? How do i correct this?

Don

"macropod" wrote in message ...
Hi Don,

That isn't Word 2007's normal behaviour. Are you sure the table isn't in a section of the document protected for forms?

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Don Bouchard" wrote in message ...
Previously posted in the wrong Microsoft newsgroup--and no helpful reply.

I recently upgraded to a Vista and Word 2007, and opened a table file
created with WIndows XP and Word 2003. I haven't yet created a new table--only opened tables created with previous
versions of Word.
When I click in a cell, my cursor fails to open that cell or to allow me to type or change the data in a cell. How do I get the
cursor to appear in a cell that I click in?
How do I change the data in that cell?
I never had this problem when upgrading to previous versions of Word from Windows 95 to XP.

I would appreciate help from somebody with expertise in the new Word tables.