How to link or embed objects in Word

Default Inserting Excel tables into Word

What is your font size in Excel?

"Louise" wrote:

Thanks again for your speedy reply.

I have changed the orientation, i've made the margins as small as i can,
adjusted column widths etc, still to no avail. I feel I will have to re-type
this table in Word from scratch.

Talking to other users of Word/Excel, this does seem to be an extremely
common problem - you should be able to import data from one to other without
all this hassle.

Perhaps this is something that Bill Gates could concentrate on next!!!

Thanks again.

Louise

"How to link or embed objects in Word" wrote:

Oh ... for the rest of your question ...
Change your Word document to Landscape. Change your left and right AND
bottom margin to 0.5". After you link, as in my recent post, the link will
HANG beyond your right margin. In Word, you want to be in View, Zoom, Page
Width. If you cannot see your right margin, that is ok. Grab the TOP, LEFT
of your link. You will see small square black boxes in all corners and
middles. In very small increments drag the cursor DIAGONALLY, towards the
center. Keep doing it until your right margin is within the right margin.
If the bottom falls off your page, you have more work to do. You might
change the top margin to 0.5, which I do not recommend, because you need the
top margin, particularly if this will be bound. You can decrease your row
heights in Excel, then update your Word links (F9). Once you get the entire
worksheet showing in Word, then the only problem is vertically. If that
doesn't work, then you have to have your worksheet links in multiple pages in
Word. My fix here is to link ONLY your Excel header into your Word header.
This way, if your link is multiple pages, if your worksheet will be edited
often, this prohibits having to constantly relink after changes have been
made. What I do to quesss at how many rows I can link in Word and keep
testing by relinking till my link fills the page. I note in Excel how many
rows it takes to fill the page in Word, THEN i begin playing with the
top/bottom margins in Excel, till the page break matches what I have chosen.
Now all you have to do is link between page breaks. Every time the document
is altered, rows deleted or added, now because your header is in a Word
header, all you have to do is F9 to update each link. The MOST you would
have to do is to Alt+F9 on the last link and add or decrease the number of
rows to show the new last row. Make sense? If not, post again with your
question.

Again, the key is dragging your link in Word to fit your margins. You HAVE
to be careful of your font size. Also, on large schedules, you MUST pay
attention to column widths and ensure each column is at their lowest possible
width. Check the text column at left; is there room to reduce the column
width there.

A key in working with large schedules is that sometimes when you print in
Word the last column may be missing. This is a que that you only have a few
spaces to delete (F9 to update the link each time you make a change to test
the result). If more than one column is missing, you have to reduce your
column widths, as discussed at beginning of this paragraph. IF that doesn't
work, THEN you reduce the font size. Many people erroneously have reducing
font size their first choice, but it should actually be a last resort for the
best looking worksheet.

"Louise" wrote:

Is there an easy way to insert an Excel worksheet into a Word document?

I have a Word document and want to import quite a large a table I have
created in Excel. I have tried Copy/Paste and Copy/Paste Special, however,
the size of the Excel table is altered quite drastically and physically will
not fit into the Word document, even though in Excel it is well withi the
parameters of an A4 piece of paper.

I have also used the Insert Excel Worksheet icon within Word and then pasted
my information into there, but the formatting changes and still doesn't fit
on to the paper.

What's the easiest way to do this?? Ive come across this problem loads of
times and can't find a solution.

Any urgent help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Louise