Louise

Default Inserting Excel tables into Word

Hi Ed

The Shift Edit Copy option seems to have worked a treat. It has copied the
whole thing in and has reduced the size of it automatically to fit the page.

Fingers crossed........

Wouldn't you think this would be on the Edit menu automatically, rather than
having to know about the Shift key???

Thanks very much for your help.

Louise

"Ed" wrote:

Another option, other than the good suggestions you've been given, is to
select your range in Excel and hold the Shift key to see Edit Copy
Picture. This copies your Excel range to the clipboard as a graphic (much
like a screen shot, sort of). This allows you to then paste the Excel range
into Word and size and place it as a graphic - which means you can overhang
page margins, adjust position irregardless of margins, and scale by dragging
the corner boxes. (Hint on scaling: if you hold Ctrl while dragging a
handle, the graphic object scales equally form both sides at ones while
maintaining its center.)

If you're going to use this option, you may also want to be aware that Word
stores lots of information on graphics. Then, every time you adjust the
size by scaling or cropping, Word stores additional information about the
percent of original size and so forth. If you find your document size
increases to a huge size when you insert one graphic, this is a good reason
why. (I work with documents where people have downloaded a photo from a
digital camera at a high resolution, then inserted it into Word as is - when
checked in the doc, the graphic's properties have been interpreted in Word
as having an original size of 22 x 17 inches!) If this is a problem, you
can overcome this by saving the Excel graphic to your hard drive, then using
a decent graphics program to resize the file to fit the space you need,
without bothering Word's settings.

HTH
Ed

"Louise" wrote in message
Is there an easy way to insert an Excel worksheet into a Word document?

I have a Word document and want to import quite a large a table I have
created in Excel. I have tried Copy/Paste and Copy/Paste Special,

however,
the size of the Excel table is altered quite drastically and physically

will
not fit into the Word document, even though in Excel it is well withi the
parameters of an A4 piece of paper.

I have also used the Insert Excel Worksheet icon within Word and then

pasted
my information into there, but the formatting changes and still doesn't

fit
on to the paper.

What's the easiest way to do this?? Ive come across this problem loads of
times and can't find a solution.

Any urgent help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Louise