Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Christine Christine is offline

Default Form field cross reference not working in protected form

In a protected form, how to you cross-reference a form field? In the form
field results to be referenced elsewhere, I have selected "Calculated on
Exit. Then, where I want the form field result to appear elsewhere in the
document I have used Insert, Field, Ref bookmark name. However, it does not
work unless the form is sent to print or unprotected, fields updated and then
protected again.

I've seen similar questions about this, but please note the form field cross
reference is not in a header or footer.

Is there a way to make cross-ref fields work, or will I be forced to develop
styles for each required cross reference?

Thanks.