Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default How do I create an ODD numbered list?

Use the following field construction:

{ = { SEQ odd } * 2 - 1 }

You must use Ctrl+F9 to insert each pair for field delimiters. Alt+F9 to
toggle off the display of field codes and F9 to update the results. Make
and autotext entry of it to facilitate its use.

If you do it this way, if you insert or delete items from the list, when you
update the fields, the sequence will be maintained.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Tomster" wrote in message
In my college class my instructor assigns only the odd numbered questions.
And it must not be hand written. So I have been using Word 2003, numbering
the list, and every time I go on to a new question I have to double click
the
next number, click restart numbering, click customize, and then click
start
at twice. (to advance to the next odd number) Is there a way to set Word
up
to automatically do this?
--
If you weren't meant to play with it