Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Default How to cross-Reference a heading that includes a drop down list

In the StyleRef field, have you used apostrophes ( ' ) as in your post?
In that case, replace the apostrophes with quotes ( " ):
{ StyleRef "document number" }

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)

"SpringTree" wrote:

Have a document number that is made up of typed words and a selection from a
[drop-down list] followed by numbers: ABC-[droplist]-123
I need to cross reference this document number in the header of the document.

I tried applying a style 'document number' to the whole document number ;
ABC-[droplist]-123
Then using {STYLEREF 'document number'} in the header.
I got this error: Error! Style not defined.

Is there another way to do this?
thanks