Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Warped Time Warped Time is offline

Default How to create bookmarks that export to HTML with "Save As ... HTML

When I create a TOC, MS Word creates "bookmark" that get exported as ...
a name = "_TOCxxxxxxx"
... when you use File - Save As ... - HTML.

User-created bookmarks (created with Intert - Bookmark) get exported as ...
a name = boomarkname
.... without "double-quotes" surrounding bookmarkname.

When I save as HTML, the user-created bookmark does not work; I can't link
to it with "webpage.htm#bookmark" unless I manually edit every named-anchor
bookmark and add the quotes. (The Word-created bookmarks work; they have the
quotes.)

How can I create a bookmark that will get properly exported to HTML as a
properly functioning "named anchor" tag? I'm using MS Word 2003.