Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
SGOWriter

Default A problem opening a new word document

For some reason, when I open a new word document these days, it opens in the
print layout format, as it always has, but the cursor is at the very top edge
of the page. It doesn't come down to its usual position until I open up the
"view" drop down menu and click on "header and footer." Then I close the
header footer bar and can get to work.

I've accessed the normal.dot template, to see if the problem is in the
tamplate itself, but it's perfectly fine. When I open it, the cursor is
where it's supposed to be.

I'm hoping someone out there has an answer to this. I want to be able to
open a new word document and have the cursor be in its normal position.

I'm using Microsoft office word 2003 (11.6568.6568) SP2

Thanks, in advance, for any help anyone can offer.