Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Elton Hurrell

Default Updating formula fields - XP vs 2003

Hi all.

I have an application which inserts data from an oracle database into
bookmarks in word docs. Recently I have added various formula onto the
documents which perform calculations and formatting on the data in the
bookmarks.

My problem is that when the application is use in conjunction with Word 2003
the formula fields are updated and show the correct data when the document is
opened - in Word XP the formula fields show zeros and do not show the corrcet
data until I manually update the field.

Is this new functionality in Word 2003? Or is it a setting that is not
switched on in Word XP? I have duplicated exactly (as far as I can) settings
between both versions but to no avail.

Ta!
Elton