Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cathy Allington Cathy Allington is offline

Default Mail Merge Word 2007 from Outlook 2007

On Apr 16, 6:04*am, "Doug Robbins - Word MVP"
wrote:
See the following Knowledge Base article:
"Opening This Will Run the Following SQL Command" Message When You Open a
Word Document - 825765 at:http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=825765

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"tinks" wrote in message

I tried No and I got this response
Opening this document will run the following SQL command:
SELECT * FROM C:\DOCUM~1\JCOMST~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\OMME.doc
Data from your database will be placed in the document, Do you want to
continue? *If I say no, the mail merge is greyed out
--
Thanks for the help

"tinks" wrote:

I created a master main document in word with field from my Outlook
fields so
we don't have to recreate the label main document every time. *It seems
buggy, sometime the mail merge works fine, other times I get a message
saying
there is already merged info, do I want to remove? *So I say yes, but the
mail merge feature becomes greyed out. *It also looks like multiple
sessions
of Word have opened. *I did start from Outlook not Word. *Please help,
this
seems it should be a very simple mail merge.
--
Thanks for the help- Hide quoted text -

I, too have had this problem for some time now, and have been using
mail merge from Outlook since OL 2000. I have posted many times, but
with no answer.Doug, thank you for the pointer to the MS article -
this FINALLY fixed the SQL prompt issue - thank you! I still have the
issue of Word opening 2 documents, but much happier now without that
pesky SQL prompt - that has been really annoying!! So thanks Doug! :-)