Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Setting "x of y" number of pages in Word documents

Press Alt+F9 to show the field codes in the document. The "Y" part of Page X
of Y will look like this: { NUMPAGES }. Change the field code to
SECTIONPAGES. Press F9 to update. Press Alt+F9 again to hide field codes.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"RichardBt" wrote in message
I am trying to set page numbers in the footer of a Word document, using the
"x of Y" format. The problem is that I don't want to count the first page.
I've introduced a Section Break so that the page count begins on the
second
page, but I can't find a way to make the total page count ignore the first
page. The result is that the final page in the doc reads "Page 15 of 16",
when I want it to read "Page 15 of 15". Any suggestions?