Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Manfred Manfred is offline

Default How do I get page numbers to appear on my Word screen

Thanks. It was the status bar. And you are right--it's a terribly obscure
bit of info. Thanks!

"Jezebel" wrote:

You've switched off the Status Bar. Covered in Help under the amazingly
obscure heading 'Troubleshoot document views and screen displays'

"Manfred" wrote in message
Page numbers are missing on the bottom of my Word screens. I have to use
header/footers to see where in the document I am. What happened to them
and
how do I get them back? Word's "help" is no help. I can't find a
reference to this problem at all.