Don

Suzanne,

Well, based on your guidance, I finally found it. Talk about buried!

Thanks!

Don

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
.. .
"Print specific pages and sections" is in the Help topic "Print a

document"
(which is *not* the first hit you get when you search for "print a
document"). See also
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...leSections.htm

so
all may benefit.

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote in message
.. .
Hi Don,
Glad to help. I double-checked, and that is the Help topic, but Help

does
glitch sometimes, plus I'm on a Mac, so it may be worded differently.

You
make me glad I bothered to paste the info from Help.

Daiya

On 1/12/05 4:55 PM, "Don" wrote:

Daiya,

Well, I tried using the search string you suggested, and could not

find
the
details you provided. However, the explanation you provided is

_gold_!

Thanks!!

Don

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote in message
.. .
The Help term is something like "print specific pages and sections."
Since
you have section breaks in the doc, you have to tell Word both the

section
and page numbers. E.g., "s1" would print out pps. i-iii.

From Help:
A range of pages within a section
Type p page number s section number.
For example, to print pages 5 through 7 in section 3, type p5s3-p7s3

On 1/12/05 3:19 PM, "Don" wrote:

We have a couple of large documents formatted with roman numeral
numbering
(starting at 'i' for the title page), then the body of the document
starting
at page 1 (MS Word 2003). When trying to print ranges, we never

seem
get
consistent results. For example, when selecting pages i-iii to

print,
the
title page and table of contents print as would be expected. But

when
pages
1-3 are selected to print, instead of getting body pages 1 through

3,
we
get
pages i through iii.

I am obviously using the wrong search terms as I have not been able

find
a solution in the Word help or Googling.

Anyone willing to throw me a bone!

Thanks!

Don