Inrotech Inrotech is offline
Junior Member

I have had same experience.
Your problem is probably, that the default folder for your auto saved documents is srite protected. That means that you don't have the rights to write in that folder.
If you check your default folder, or the folder in which it is contained, it is write protected.
Change the access rights for the folder, or find another where you have the rights.

Let me know if it works.

Regards
Flemming

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystikKid View Post
Hi -

I have been using MS Word 2007 all day. Now when I open a new or existing
document...the Save As box launches I hit save as..it immediately pops back
up. The only way to get rid of it is to quickly close down Word after I close
the save as box. Or I have to hold down my power button. I am unable to use
word because I can not type in the document because Save As keeps popping up.

I already changed the save settings do not save every 10 minutes, not save
automatically. I did a full virus scan and my pc is clean. MS Office 2007
came pre-installed when I purchased the laptop from Dell in 2007.

Is it a registry setting that is corrupted? Please help me resolve this
issue.

thank you for your time.