Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Word 2000 & graphics in textboxes

Only *text* can go in text boxes. This means that a photo will be In Line
With Text and will behave like text; you can't wrap text around it.

"Hans L" wrote in message
I have received a Word file with a textbox with text to the left on the
first page and a textbox with a photo to the right on the page. I am
looking at it with Word 2000.

The problem is that while I can look in the textbox, and, for instance,
cut the photo, I cannot place it in any other position than at the very
top left corner of the textbox. And when I import another photo into
the textbox, it overwrites the existing photo.

I have never understood how to manipulate, in particular, drag, photos
in textboxes, or, as is the case here, how to add other photos.

I would appreciate very much some pointers on what I have to do to
carry out this seeemingly simple task.

Hans L