Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Monica

Default Address book Backup

Gordo
The export feature worked fine - thank you for the advice. But now when I
open outlook express to send e-mail - I have about 200 names and addresses
that have ended up in there along with my usual e-mail address book. So, how
do I separate them?? They show up under "Contacts". My Microsoft Word
envelope address listing worked out perfect - now I have to straighten out my
e-mail address book. Thanks,
Monica

"gordo" wrote:

Use the Export feature of Outlook (FileImport and ExportExport to a file).
Then Import on your new computer (FileImport and ExportImport from another
file).

Gordo

"Monica" wrote in message
In Outlook, I do not have a File - Data File Management selection. All I
noticed is under Envelopes & Labels & than I open the book icon - there is
selection on the top- Show Names From the: mine is called "Contacts".
Under
Internet Options, Program Tab, My Contact List is: Microsoft Outlook. Does
this help at all? So from what I can determine - Address Book is my e-mail
address list and Contacts is my envelope address list. Am I making sense
yet?
I usually understand computers & their problems very good - but this
really
has me stumped! Thanks
Monica

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

We are getting closer
When you want to enter a new address into the list, what do you do in
order
to do that?
The 'open book' icon calls what is known as a MAPI compliant address
book.
This is normally the Outlook contacts list address book interface. If
that
is indeed the case, you need to open Outlook then File data file
management and ascertain the name of your personal folders file - it will
probably be called Personal Folders.PST or maybe Outlook.PST. Copy this
file
and import it to Outlook on your new PC.

Monica wrote:
Graham
I have a file in Word called "Envelopes". I open the file - which is
just a Word file and I click on "Tools", "Envelopes" and than I click
on the icon (which is a picture of a open book" and my addresses are
all listed in there. It's the address book that is usually used in
Office 2000. I'm sorry, that's all I know. Does it answer your
question? Thanks,
Monica

"Monica" wrote:

In Word 2000, I have about 200 addresses that I use for envelopes. I
transfered to a new computer and I cannot get a backup of this
address list. What am I doing wrong? What appears when I backup and
install on my new computer is my OE Adress book. OE is my default
mail. Thank you so much for any help you can give me.