Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default How do I create a custom paper size and save it?

There are two ways to handle custom sizes (aside from using standard sizes
and making up the difference with margins):

1. If your printer allows it, you can define a custom size in the printer
Properties and give it a name. It will then show up in the list of sizes in
Word and other applications.

2. If your printer doesn't allow you to define custom sizes, you can define
a custom size in a Word document and save that document as a template.

Some printers don't handle Word's Custom sizes well, however. When that is
the case, the best you can do is select the next largest standard size and
make up the difference with margins.

http://word.mvps.org

"Patti" wrote in message
I am trying to print on unusual sizes of paper and cant figure out how to
save it. I've then had problems getting my laser printer to
accept/recognize
the custom size (it reverts to Letter). The custom size is 14.75 x
7.625".