Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Booklet Printing Problems

Unless your printer duplexes automatically, you will need to check "Manual
duplex" in the Print dialog to make Word hold the back sides of the sheets
for the flip-over run. My experience with printing selected pages of a
booklet is pretty dismal. In theory, if you select a given page, Word is
supposed to print all four pages that would print on that sheet, but, even
when I specify the exact pages in the correct order, I find that Word
frequently does no such thing but instead prints blank pages or the pages in
the wrong place, as you have seen.

"RWHegwood" wrote in message
I am trying to print a 20 page booket on 8.5 X 11 paper, 2 pages per leaf.
Everything looks fine on screen. However, when I print it will not print
the
pages in the correct order. The first page prints fine (page 20 and 1).
Though I did not tell it to it continues to print the next set (2 and 19).
Though I did not want it to print 2/19 it is printed correctly on the
page.
My intent was to turn the 20/1 page over and print 2/19 on the back...and
so
on throughout the booklet.

From this point the world gets very confusing. If I tell it to print 2/19,
it does...sort of. It prints them on seperate pages in the wrong spot on
those pages, the 2 on the side the 19 should be on and the 19 on the side
the
2 should be on, and each on a seperate sheet of paper. Then it gets worse.
If I tell it to print page 3 it prints page 19. If I tell it to print page
4
I get page 20. If I say print page 6 I get page 17.

I do have the print instructions set for borderless printing and I lie to
it
about the paper type so that it will print borderless...but that should
not
effect page printing I don't think.

The computer is new (Daktech) and the printer is new (Epson all in one
CX7400)

If anyone can help I would appreciate it. This is baffling.