Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default how do i align merge fields

If you want to right justify the second field, insert a right aligned tab
stop at the desired location in the main document and separate the fields by
a tab space.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Susan" wrote in message
We have entered merged fields into a document. There are two fields
situation side by side, and on many letters there are several rows of
these
fields. So, we are trying to line them all up. We can get the first
field
to line up. However, if we try and right justify the second field, it
right
justifies the entire line, which we don't want. Tabbing over doesn't work
because the length of the first field varies. Is there another way to
align
the second column of data?