Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ladyclint Ladyclint is offline

Default How do I get text in four columns to go across then down

Thank you for your response. However, I DO want 4 newspaper columns--this is
a list of the date, Employee Name, Home Phone and Cell Phone. So each line
contains four pieces of information specific to the person whose name
appears on that line. Therefore, I want the text to flow from left to right.
If I don't use the columns and just tab across each line, it makes revisions
more difficult. I know there's somewhere that you select a vertical flow or
a horizontal one, but I can't find it in Office 2007. Thanks for your help.

"CyberTaz" wrote:

It sounds like what you want is a 4 column Table, not 4 (newspaper) columns.
If you need information on using tables chek them out in Word Help as well
as at the following link:

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/tblsfldsfms/TableBasics.htm

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Ladyclint" wrote in message
I know how to set up the columns (I need four) but I can't get the text to
flow horizontally instead of vertically.