Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default editing feilds

You don't need to get 'actual coding' from anywhere. You type it in using
CTRL+F9 for the brackets {}and the keyboard for the rest!

********Meg wrote:
Well, I think I got it, thanks to all of you guys and some help from a
friend. The difficult thing here is that I don't know where to get
the actual coding...but playing around a bit I learned that word,
actually gives you an area to go and say, if this is that then
this........
All of that, plus the understanding that I got from this forum gave
me the help I needed.

Thank you.

the help screens leave a lot to be desired.

I recently learned (very happily, I might add) to edit a mail merge
field to include text before or after that field. Another fabulous
feature is that the text will not appear if there is no data in the
datasource for that particular record. This is a very cool feature.
(office 2003) However, I want to format both the text that is before the
field and
the actual data in the field (one would be bold and one would be
italics) When I change the info in my form, it looks good, but when
I do the merge, all of the formatting disappears. If I italicize
the information in the data source document , it looses it's
formatting as well. any ideas?

thanks

--
Meg