Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Paste Table Formats

I avoid table styles too, but my guess is that a *heading* row in a
table style simply means the *first* row.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I really have no experience or expertise with table styles (see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/tablestyles/index.html for some

reasons many
people avoid them), but it would appear that if you want more than

one
heading row, you'll have to format them manually. Tagging an extra

row as a
heading doesn't seem to change the formatting.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Christian Nein" wrote in message
Hi Suzanne,

thanks a lot for that great hint. I didn't know about table styles

before.
They work fine except one problem: Sometimes, I have more than one

heading
row or colunm and I didn't find a way to extend the format form

the first
heading row or column to a 2nd, 3rd, etc. Is there a way to "tell"

the
table
style, how many heading rows and colums the table contains? Or can

I flag
rows or columns as headers?

Regards
Christian

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
This would be a reasonable use of a table style.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Christian Nein" wrote in message
Hi,

I made some settings to a Word table: background color
(Shading.BackgroundPatternColor), borders (Borders.LineStyle
/.LineWidth),
etc. After that, I have tried to paste the formats to a second

table
using
the FormatPainter. Unfortunately, the mentioned format settings

werde
not
pasted while other settings (e.g. alignment, font) where pasted
correctly.
Does anybody know how I can paste the mentioned formats to

another
table?

Thanks in advance & best regards
Christian