Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?SGVhdGhlck8=?=,

I wanted to automate my mail merge and there is a problem it appears when I
am running my macro. I have accessed excel through word using late binding
and stored all the mail merge data into 2 excel tables (one french, one
english). I prompt for the english and french data files to use for the mail
merge. When running it for some reason I get an error about another macro
called personal.xls in my excel application stating the file is in use and
locked for editing.

If you're running this macro within the Excel environment, then you need to ask
this in an Excel newsgroup. To stop the people there from knee-jerking you back
here, mention the problem with the personal.xls FIRST, and in the subject line.
Then go on to say it's happening when you run code to automate Word, and post
the code. Don't forget to mention which version of Office you're using :-)

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)