Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

Default Curved lines in Word?

The Word macro I offered in this thread (post of 02/02/2010) generates
simple WordArt, something used in Publisher as well. I exectured the macro
in Word and copy/pasted the result from Word into Publisher. It seems like
it is fully functional, including all the handles and text setting stuff.

The macro can probably be rewritten to work in Publisher directly, but as I
am not a Publisher user, I can't offer much assistance here. I checked and
couldn't find an InsertXml function at first glance, so that could be a
major problem.

Yves

"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
We've been asking for that function in Publisher for quite some time.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in message
I'd like to draw a path -- a simple arc -- and type along it (to make
labels on a map). Is this possible in Word?

When I try WordArt, and I increase the curve of the line of type, it
stretches the type rather than simply curving the line.

If it can be done in Publisher or PowerPoint, that would be fine too.