WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Adding degree (°) symbol after numbers.

Hi John_S,

You can easily add the degree symbol (°) after numbers in Microsoft Word by using a keyboard shortcut. Here are the steps:
  1. Place your cursor where you want to insert the degree symbol.
  2. Press and hold the Alt key on your keyboard.
  3. While holding the Alt key, type "0176" on the numeric keypad (make sure "Num Lock" is on).
  4. Release the Alt key and the degree symbol (°) should appear.

Alternatively, you can also use the "Insert Symbol" feature in Word to insert the degree symbol. Here's how:
  1. Place your cursor where you want to insert the degree symbol.
  2. Click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon.
  3. Click on the "Symbol" button in the "Symbols" group.
  4. Select "More Symbols" at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
  5. In the "Symbol" dialog box, select "Latin-1 Supplement" from the "Subset" drop-down menu.
  6. Scroll down until you find the degree symbol (°) and click on it.
  7. Click on the "Insert" button and the degree symbol (°) should appear in your document.