Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Default How do I set a different field for a greeting line in mail merge?

Hi Linda,

Instead of using the Address block, insert the fields individually, wherever you want them.

--
Cheers
macropod

"LINDA M" LINDA wrote in message ...
I just upgraded to Word2007, running on windows xp. Using mail merge, I have
a field in each record called "name" which reads "Mr. and Mrs. Joe Smith"
(example). I also have another field called "first names" which reads "Joe
and Mary" (example). I am trying to put the "name" field in the address
block, and the "first name" field in the greeting line. Word will put one or
the other in BOTH fields. Help????