Gordon Detlor

Doug, thanks for the quick reply!

I was hoping there would be a solution that involved editing just the one
file instead of 50, but at this point I'll be happy to get it done.

I forgot to mention that I also tried changing the paragraph style for
Section 2 in the include target file, i.e. the section that has the
IncludeText line in it, thinking it would override what was in the include
source.

This didn't work for me, but I think I now know why. I didn't use the same
style name as in the include source, so it didn't override the style used.
Since the include source paragraph style that is giving me problems is
"Normal", I tried changing that in the include target, but just for Section
2. No luck. It changed the style for the whole document (which doesn't
surprise me). And I can't change Normal to "Spacing After: 12pt", since the
first page (the policy doc w/ merged client data), uses it and needs to have
0pt spacing after paragraphs to fit on one page. But...light bulb
moment...what if I change THAT page to use a custom style? Then I COULD
change the Normal style as desired! I'll give that a try and report back.

"Doug Robbins" wrote in message
This is almost certainly the expected behaviour if both documents are
formatted with the Normal Style. I would try creating a different style
for the paragraphs with the space after them. Apply that style to then
and then try executing the merge.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.