Gregg Roberts

Default Unable to save in Word 2000, no error message

Bless you, Big Dave! That fixed it.

I didn't see any funky macro code in the messed-up Normal.dot, but an
inaccessible module was visible in the VBA window in addition to Module 1. It
had a gobbledy-gook name which I did not write down (DnclCRG, or something
like that). A German discussion group on Word said it had to do with Dragon
Naturally Speaking, which is installed on this system. I don't know why its
mere presence would break Word -- I have used Word successfully since the
install -- but anyway the problem is solved.
--
Gregg Roberts

"Big Dave UK" wrote:

If it's simply doing nothing it sounds like there may be some macro code
over-riding the Save function. I had a Word macro virus that did this to me.
If you get this simply doing a FileNew the code must be in your Normal.dot
template (the template upon which all Word files are based). I would suggest
finding and removing all Normal.dot files you can find. Word will re-create a
new 'clean' normal.dot when it doesn't find one and you should be ok from
then on.

"Gregg Roberts" wrote:

The same problem exists after I simply open a new document on the new system.