Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Twayne[_2_] Twayne[_2_] is offline

Default over score over a letter

In ,
Suzanne S. Barnhill typed:
But that's still an international keyboard layout. With the
standard US/UK layout, we have to use the built-in keyboard
shortcut: Ctrl+`, e.

"Stefan Blom" wrote
in message ...
I just wrote ` because the actual keystrokes required are
different depending on your keyboard layout. On my Swedish
keyboard, I will have to type Shift+´ to accomplish `.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in message
? Is that on a French keyboard? On "English (US)," it's
Ctrl-`, e (same for each vowel with grave accent, cap or
l.c.). On Mar 5, 11:47 am, "Stefan Blom"
wrote:
First type ` and then type the letter; the result will
be: è.

No, not for an overscore.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"deb" wrote in message

news

how do i put ` mark over top of the letter e such as in
Beef Jardinie`re-

Life is the only real counselor; wisdom unfiltered
through personal experience does not become a
part of the moral tissue.