Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default averages in word table

The trick is that he wants to include only the cells that have values, and
there's no way to determine that except manually or with some sort of macro.
I gather that he knows how to do it manually but wants to automate the
process.

Okay, I just tried this, and it seems that the AVERAGE function does in fact
ignore empty cells, so it should work.

"Tony Jollans" My Forename at My Surname dot com wrote in message
An AVERAGE Formula Field will do this.

In the seventh column of row 1, say, insert a formula field containing
=AVERAGE(b1:f1) and this will give the average of the numeric values in
cells 2 through 6 of row 1.

You'll need to adjust the cell references to include the cells you want (I
can't tell precisely from your post).

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"weim10" wrote in message
I'm trying to create an evaluation form using a table in Word. In the
middle of the table is a section with ten rows and eight columns in

which
the
1st column is a lable, columns 2-6 are numerical values (for daily

scores)
or
empty and the 7th column is an average in which the sum is divided by

the
number of cells in the row that actually have a numeric value in them

because
some of the cells will be empty if a particular activity is not observed

on a
certain day.
Is this possible, without using Macros?