Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word Document User Access denied

What version of Word? What version of Windows? What antivirus
program (if any) do you use? When you say "cant open", does that
mean you get an error message, and if yes, what does the error
message say exactly? How are you trying to open existing Word
documents (e.g., from the Open dialog within Word, or from Word's
recently used file list, or from Windows' recently used file
list, or double-clicking on a shortcut on the Windows desktop, or
double-clicking from Windows Explorer, etc.) when this problem
occurs? If you are not using the Open dialog within Word, does
the problem persist if you do?

BJM wrote:
Ive got a further problem! My son is also logged on as an Administrator but
he cant open any Word or Excel document that he has previously created. I
didnt realise this when I posted the original problem. He can start new ones.
I have tried the instructions you gave me that worked for me and also for
some of his blocked photos but not for his Word or Excel docs.? If I open in
safe mode and log on as Administrator then open his docs it works, but not
when logged on as him or myself.